BuySellAds has gained a lot of popularity in the last few years, especially after many of the renowned bloggers started using it on their blogs to sell advertisements Though BuySellAds has emerged as one of the best ways to get advertisers to advertise on your blog, without taking the trouble of finding them yourself, there are a few disadvantages with using it as well.
So let’s look at some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with using BuySellAds, assuming that your blog has decent stats to qualify for their system.
Advantages of BuySellAds:
1. You don’t need to search for advertisers who are willing to advertise on your blog.
2. There is no need of convincing potential advertisers and wooing them to consider your blog for advertising.
3. You don’t have to spend time negotiating the prices again and again and finally find out that the advertiser isn’t interested anymore.
4. You can sell sponsored tweets using BSA as well, so you can make even more money if you have an active twitter account.
5. The payments are handled by Buysellads efficiently, so you won’t need to remind advertisers to pay you each month and need not worry about the advertiser declining to pay the money later on.
6. There is an option of getting paid by Check as well, which is great for those who don’t have a Paypal account (especially in third-world countries).
Disadvantages of BuySellAds:
1. The number one reason why I don’t like to use Buysellads on my blog is that they take a 25% cut on all advertising revenues generated by you. While this isn’t bad if your blog isn’t popular and you are having a hard time finding advertisers, but if you are already being contacted by a few advertisers and have good stats to go along with it, then you can make much more money by directly selling ads on your blog.
2. Since the price is fixed beforehand, you cannot negotiate prices with advertisers. This way you might lose some money that you could have made by negotiating the prices of ads.
3. BuySellAds takes time to make the payment so you need to wait for some time before you see the money rolling into your Paypal account.
Finally, I would like to mention that BuySellAds has made making some extra income from blogs quite easy and even newbie bloggers are able to benefit from it. However that being said, I find that many reputed bloggers use BuySellAds on their blogs, when they could be making a lot more money by simply selling ad space on their blogs directly.